Downstream oil & gas outlook
Downstream oil & gas companies are facing major regulatory issues on the renewable fuel standards front and the phase-in to 2022. Refiners will work towards complying with increasingly stringent air and water quality regulations and will continue to supply tighter fuel quality specifications. At the same time, they will have to juggle continued and increasing feedstock variability and potential impact to the equipment life cycle and turnaround considerations. Equipment reliability is a critical ongoing priority for refiners. Mechanical underperformance can lead to decreased efficiencies, and system failures can result in unplanned downtime and lost production which stand in the way of achieving repeatable and predictable results.
Impact of Industry 4.0 technologies
To improve refinery equipment reliability, manage uncertainty and effectively minimize risks, refiners are looking for better, more frequent system monitoring, including predictive analytics, that can anticipate potential upsets while performing diagnostics on the course of action required to eliminate the issue. By applying mobility technology (i.e., drones) and adopting IoT applications, the downstream sector can improve safety and amplify profits simultaneously, with asset tracking and predictive maintenance solutions having the greatest impact. IoT applications may even become necessary for a competitive edge among rising geopolitical and climate change tensions.
What Maine Pointe achieves in the oil & gas industry
We helped a global oil & gas producer prepare for and conduct one of the largest turnarounds in a plant's history.
- Analyzed the client's previous turnaround experience to identify where support was most needed
- Captured, organized and displayed all data and information necessary to feed core decision making
- Turnaround completed on budget and ahead of time
- 65,000 man hours with no spills or injuries
- Executives, contractors, supervisors and leads had full visibility to all the information they required at all times
Industry perspectives and practical insights
- Five ways 3D printing will impact the global supply chain
- Remaining agnostic to technology, fueled by advancing eProcurement automation, can unlock value and enhance company performance
- Future-proofing the end-to-end supply chain: The evolving importance of industry 4.0 (smart operations)
- Digital supply chain, you need to change. But how?