An optimistic outlook as the global industry goes green
According to USG + US Chamber of Commerce Construction Index Q3 2018, contractors in the US commercial construction industry reported overall optimism about the construction market. Similarly, in the EU, where construction contributes 9% of GDP, the construction market reporting a solid year with most regions experiencing growth. This comes despite ongoing challenges with skilled workforce availability, supply chain pressure and tariff-related concerns. However, despite the optimistic outlook, there is still the very real possibility of a slowdown in commercial construction in the next 18-24 months. In this scenario, increased competition for a smaller number of projects will inevitably result in margin erosion. Forward-looking executives are already preparing by optimizing margins and removing cost from the end-to-end supply chain.
Sustainable building is an emerging area of opportunity worldwide
The growing demand for environmentally sensitive ‘green’ construction solutions means that the industry will further look to implement processes that are resource-efficient and environmentally responsible to ensure lifetime sustainability of the building. These processes include: building operations, site design, maintenance, repair, and demolition with the least harm on the environment.
Some examples of innovative technology that will continue to drive sustainable construction include self-powered, ‘architectural solar system’ buildings, zero energy buildings, sustainable indoor environment technologies (building, heating and cooling technologies) and water efficiency technologies, using smart devices.
The focus is on efficiency
Smart use of energy, water preservation and reduced waste and pollution. The aim is to ensure that the chosen materials are cost-effective, durable and will reduce the impact on the environment and people. Also, whilst a lot has been written about the IoT (internet of things), there are some clear examples of how using smart devices can create greener, more efficient, zero carbon environments plus ensuring that working spaces are fully optimized and effective at the right time.
Who we areWe are a global implementation-focused consulting firm trusted by many chief executives and private equity firms to drive compelling economic returns for their companies. We achieve this by delivering accelerated, sustainable improvements in both EBITDA and cash across their procurement, logistics and operations to enable growth.
What we do
Our unique TVO approach helps drive self-funding operational momentum through the quadruple effect of driving cost out, releasing cash, reducing risk and fueling growth. For example our supply chain and operational implementation experts helped a multinational company set up a new global supply chain in just 14 weeks for their new stand alone business entity. This enabled it to drive revenue without delay or disruption.
How we do it
Our hands-on implementation experts work with executives and their teams to rapidly move up the Total Value Optimization (TVO) Maturity Pyramid™ and enable growth by:
- Identifying and quantifying the real opportunity
- Identifying current constraints and barriers
- Creating a robust and measurable business case with a clear ROI
- Developing a pragmatic roadmap for accelerated results
- Working closely with clients to implement and track measurable improvements
- Infusing best practice and delivering a quantifiable ROI
- Training, mentoring and enhancing internal teams for sustainable performance
Achieving Total Value Optimization
Total Value Optimization (TVO)™ is achieved when an organization is dynamically able to anticipate and meet demand through the synchronization of its plan-buy-make-move-fulfill supply chain to deliver the greatest value to customers and stakeholders at the lowest cost and risk to business.
Why we are different
Our integrated approach is different in 6 key ways:
- Our robust analysis methodology is focused on quantifying EBITDA & cash improvement
- Our pragmatic Total Value Optimization™ model provides a path for achieving high performance
- Our use of subject matter experts (SMEs) with deep, specialized experience establishes strong credibility and deep insights to achieve measurable results
- Our unique data analytics supply chain expertise drives actionable insights at the intersection of procurement, logistics and operations
- Our Leader and Organization Improvement (LOI) approach ensures sustainable change
- Our unique 100% engagement fee guarantee mitigates the risk of the investment required to capture value
Want to find out more?
- Look at our TVO model to identify the areas of opportunity in your business
- Hear what other executives are saying about working with Maine Pointe
- Read some of our client success stories
- Speak to one of our industry executives
Working collaboratively with client team to enhance overall effectiveness
One of the many strengths of the Maine Pointe team was their communication and collaboration skills. Maine Pointe personnel worked closely and effectively with our executive leadership and cross-functional teams to identify and capture significant savings across the enterprise-wide spend portfolio. I would recommend Maine Pointe to any company looking to significantly improve their supply chain service offering and to enhance the overall effectiveness of their company.”
Jamie Better, Chief Executive Officer, Nellson
Strong team delivers powerful CEO recommendation
I am happy to report that our savings targets were exceeded. We were supported by a strong Maine Pointe team - from the initial analysis to the end of the project - and their practical and linear approach to the project has laid a solid foundation for future improvements within the Qualitor organization. Accordingly, I would not hesitate to recommend Maine Pointe.”
Gary Cohen, Chief Executive Officer, Qualitor Inc.