New technologies are the building blocks of infrastructure development
It has been estimated that to keep pace with projected global growth between now and 2030, the world will have to spend US$57 trillion on roads, bridges, ports, power plants, water facilities and other forms of infrastructure.
The Trump administration has placed modernizing and expanding nation’s infrastructure as a priority in its growth agenda. The president has pledged a $1 trillion investment to make much-needed improvements to the nation’s infrastructure. The new infrastructure proposal is likely to move away from a “project-based” system in favor of the creation of public-private partnerships (PPPs), where states and private investors provide most of the funding for infrastructure projects. Any federal funding would serve as incentives to get private investors on board, or for special or “transformative” projects, such as high-speed rail. Likewise, infrastructure improvements are central to the European Union’s plans for 2020.
Companies in sectors which look to benefit from increased infrastructure development, either directly or indirectly, ought to shape strategies that would best position them to capture the benefits. These should take into account the value of new technologies such as predictive maintenance solutions, which drive efficiencies in infrastructure. For infrastructure, as elsewhere in manufacturing, the four key technologies of the next decade – IoT, blockchain, artificial intelligence, and augmented and virtual reality – are going to be the building blocks.
We are a global implementation-focused consulting firm trusted by many chief executives and private equity firms to drive compelling economic returns for their companies. We achieve this by delivering accelerated, sustainable improvements in both EBITDA and cash across their procurement, logistics and operations to enable growth.
Who we are
What we do
Our unique TVO approach helps drive self-funding operational momentum through the triple effect of driving cost out, releasing cash and fueling growth. For example our supply chain and operational implementation experts helped a multinational company set up a new global supply chain in just 14 weeks for their new stand alone business entity. This enabled it to drive revenue without delay or disruption.
How we do it
Our hands-on implementation experts work with executives and their teams to rapidly move up the Total Value Optimization (TVO) Maturity Pyramid™ and enable growth by:
- Identifying and quantifying the real opportunity
- Identifying current constraints and barriers
- Creating a robust and measurable business case with a clear ROI
- Developing a pragmatic roadmap for accelerated results
- Working closely with clients to implement and track measurable improvements
- Infusing best practice and delivering a quantifiable ROI
- Training, mentoring and enhancing internal teams for sustainable performance
Achieving Total Value Optimization™
Total Value Optimization™(TVO) is achieved when an organization is dynamically able to anticipate and meet demand through the synchronization of its buy-make-move-fulfill supply chain to deliver the greatest value to customers and investors at the lowest cost to business. Calculate the value potential for your business today and take our 10-minute assessment.
Why we are different
Our integrated approach is different in 6 key ways:
- Our robust analysis methodology is focused on quantifying EBITDA & cash improvement
- Our pragmatic Total Value Optimization™ model provides a path for achieving high performance
- Our use of subject matter experts (SMEs) with deep, specialized experience establishes strong credibility and deep insights to achieve measurable results
- Our unique data analytics supply chain expertise drives actionable insights at the intersection of procurement, logistics and operations
- Our Leader and Organization Improvement (LOI) approach ensures sustainable change
- Our unique 100% engagement fee guarantee mitigates the risk of the investment required to capture value
Want to find out more?
- Look at our TVO model to identify the areas of opportunity in your business
- Hear what other executives are saying about working with Maine Pointe
- Read some of our client success stories
- Speak to one of our industry executives
Working collaboratively with client team to enhance overall effectiveness
One of the many strengths of the Maine Pointe team was their communication and collaboration skills. Maine Pointe personnel worked closely and effectively with our executive leadership and cross-functional teams to identify and capture significant savings across the enterprise-wide spend portfolio. I would recommend Maine Pointe to any company looking to significantly improve their supply chain service offering and to enhance the overall effectiveness of their company.”
Jamie Better, Chief Executive Officer, Nellson
Strong team delivers powerful CEO recommendation
I am happy to report that our savings targets were exceeded. We were supported by a strong Maine Pointe team - from the initial analysis to the end of the project - and their practical and linear approach to the project has laid a solid foundation for future improvements within the Qualitor organization. Accordingly, I would not hesitate to recommend Maine Pointe.”
Gary Cohen, Chief Executive Officer, Qualitor Inc.