Adapting to safely and quickly meet the demands of a rapidly-changing world
- The pharmaceuticals industry is facing significant challenges as it strives to quickly develop the resilient, agile digitally-enabled supply chain of the future while complying with stringent global regulations
- Global supply chains account for nearly 25% of pharmaceutical costs
- The US imports around 80% of active pharmaceutical ingredients and 40% of finished drug product
- The majority of European pharmaceutical companies have their products manufactured in India with 70% of the underlying active ingredients coming from China
- By 2023, shippers and distributors, as well as manufacturers, will have to comply with regulations under the Drug Supply Chain Security Act, which requires any company wishing to sell pharmaceuticals in the US to facilitate product "traceability"
- Visibility across the end-to-end pharmaceuticals supply chain is critical, not only to enable companies to track and trace goods but also to improve time-to-market, increase margins and ensure product safety
- Following an accelerated stabilize-recover-rebalance roadmap will help you to safeguard your supply chain and prepare your business for future disruptions
What we do
Maine Pointe, a member of the SGS Group, is a global supply chain and operations consulting firm trusted by many chief executives and private equity firms to drive compelling economic returns for their companies. We achieve this by delivering accelerated, sustainable improvements in risk, cash, EBITDA and growth across procurement, logistics, operations and data analytics. We have both remote and hands-on implementation capabilities to help executives and their teams to rapidly break through functional silos and transform the plan-buy-make-move-fulfill digital supply chain to deliver the greatest value to customers and stakeholders at the lowest cost and risk to business. We call this Total Value Optimization (TVO)™.
How we do it
Our implementation experts work with executives and their teams to help executives quickly gain insight and control, accelerate initiatives and optimize the end-to-end supply chain from suppliers to patients. As a member of the SGS group, our clients have access to the world’s leading independent inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS performs research, quality control testing and clinical studies, allowing you to focus on business and ensuring national and international regulations and industry best practices are followed.
Achieving Total Value Optimization (TVO)™
Built on a roadmap of three key stages; stabilize-recover-rebalance, Total Value Optimization (TVO)™ provides an accelerated pathway to overcoming short-term supply challenges and building the foundations for a resilient, digitally enabled, agile supply chain and operations of the future. TVO is achieved when an organization is dynamically able to anticipate and meet demand through the synchronization of its plan-buy-make-move-fulfill supply chain to deliver the greatest value to customers and stakeholders at the lowest cost and risk to business.
Executive video testimonial
The CEO of Voyant Beauty, a leading contract manufacturer to the personal care and beauty industry, talks about how Maine Pointe's Total Value Optimization (TVO)™ approach helped his organization align and synchronize the supply chain and drive bottom-line benefits for themselves and their customers. > Watch the video