Meeting surging global demand for medical devices and equipment
- The global pandemic has added an extra layer of urgency to the already pressurized medical devices and equipment supply chain
- Industry leaders need to meet the dual challenge of quickly ramping up production to meet unprecedented demand while coping with labor issues caused by the virus and trying to keep their workforce safe
- Global supply chains account for 40% of medical device costs
- Many manufacturers are dealing with supply chain and operations disruptions as well as impact on their financial expectations
- To build a more resilient, agile digitally enabled supply chain, the industry need to develop a disciplined cross-functional process, with a better understanding of demand-and-supply scenarios, more effective communication, and transparency on potential supply issues and bottlenecks.
- Following an accelerated stabilize-recover-rebalance roadmap will help safeguard your supply chain and prepare your business for future disruptions
What we do
Maine Pointe, a member of the SGS Group, is a global supply chain and operations consulting firm trusted by many chief executives and private equity firms to drive compelling economic returns for their companies. We achieve this by delivering accelerated, sustainable improvements in risk, cash, EBITDA and growth across procurement, logistics, operations and data analytics. We have both remote and hands-on implementation capabilities to help executives and their teams rapidly break through functional silos and transform the plan-buy-make-move-fulfill digital supply chain to deliver the greatest value to customers and stakeholders at the lowest cost and risk to business. We call this Total Value Optimization (TVO)™.
How we do it
Our implementation experts work with executives and their teams to help executives quickly gain insight and control, accelerate initiatives and optimize the end-to-end supply chain from suppliers to patients. As a member of the SGS group, our clients have access to the world’s leading independent inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS perform research, quality control testing and clinical studies, allowing you to focus on business and ensuring national and international regulations and industry best practices are followed.
Achieving Total Value Optimization (TVO)™
Total Value Optimization (TVO)™ provides an accelerated pathway to overcoming short-term supply challenges and building the foundations for a resilient, digitally enabled, agile supply chain and operations of the future. TVO is achieved when an organization is dynamically able to anticipate and meet demand through the synchronization of its plan-buy-make-move-fulfill supply chain to deliver the greatest value to customers and stakeholders at the lowest cost and risk to business.
Executive video testimonial
The CEO, CFO, CHRO and a divisional MD of Oxford Instruments, a leading provider of high technology products and services to the world’s foremost industrial companies and scientific research communities, discuss how Maine Pointe helped them accelerate improvements in operations excellence and procurement for strategic change. > Watch the video
Take the next step
We have remote capabilities and industry expertise to help accelerate your supply chain initiatives immediately. Contact us to discuss how following our three-step roadmap can set your organization on course to stabilize-recover-rebalance and build the foundations for a resilient, agile, digitally enabled supply chain of the future.