Optimizing Your Human Capital Assets
If you're already spending tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars a year on Remote Site Services – you can hardly afford to compromise your competitiveness from factors you can directly better control. Inferior site services can expose you to increased risks and liabilities, avoidable disruptions, wasted resources, and unrealized savings in the millions of dollars.
Award Winning Implementation Partner
Who should you trust to ensure that your Remote Site Services deliver on behalf of your employees – and reinforce your strategic advantage? Maine Pointe.
Our Operations, Procurement, and Logistics specialists can help you better manage support services in ground transportation, lodging, aviation, and food. Maine Pointe's Remote Site Service may be applied at the production planning and site selection stage, during construction, at implementation, or in mature installations where externalities – such as cyclical commodity prices – can escalate costs and impede operational efficiencies. We produce a comparative cost analyses for weighing various investment implications against your projected RSS scope, scale, and timeline – along with the cash flow requirements and a mapping of asset utilization. Our team reduces the burden on your senior executives and asset managers by collaboratively driving your RSS operations to a fully mature and differentiated source of competitive value creation.
- Competitive enhancements to your air fleet capabilities: fuel purchasing and utilization, flight techniques, maintenance, personnel management, and regulatory compliance
- A crew scheduling methodology to improve fleet coverage
- A Demand Management Process for more accurate aircraft scheduling
- A cost allocation methodology to better align how costs are actually incurred
- An Operations Control Center that centralizes and integrates travel management on dispatch, ground handling, asset scheduling, forecasting, and maintenance planning
For Ground Transportation
- A Management Operating System to improve service accountability and attendant costs in maintenance, fuel usage, scheduling, and safety
- Comprehensive operational and financial reporting from a true baseline of per-passenger kilometers
- Development of an onsite fuel system for calculating and reporting on custom KPIs – including Sustainability metrics such as emissions and emissions intensity
- A master scheduling tool to optimize routes, schedules, and vehicles
- A custom Capacity Optimization Model that produces facility utilization plans with end-to-end processes, tools, and policies for improving service levels, lowering costs, and reducing waste
- An automated dashboard solution to support enterprise-wide performance monitoring and facilitation of appropriate, timely actions
- Development of a Management Operating System that synergizes the work flow between personnel with the lodging operator and their counterparts in your business units
Maine Pointe's Capacity Optimization Model (COM)
Our Remote Site Services team collaborated with the client to develop and implement a customized Capacity Optimization Model (COM). The model produces facility utilization plans that are formulated from the demands of the business units, coupled with the contracted and owned room supply.
An accompanying COM tool integrates key data points to support enterprise-wide performance monitoring of numerous variables and facilitation of appropriate, timely actions regarding supply levels, utilization, cost, quality, and customer service.
To build this client's version of the tool, over 2.5 million records were collected in a centralized repository for advanced data and analytics. Maine Pointe dramatically raised the bar on the standardization of inputs as well as the protocols for querying information and collating data. With transparency and quantifiable metrics, analysts can perform some 55 unique functions to validate assumptions and produce a proof of concept for a direction on how they are going to change their business. In essence, the tool delivers a roadmap to a future state, embedding innovation into the logistics strategy.
The tool also drives collaboration across functional teams – from the business units and supply chain management to the personnel handling the operator contracts.
In developing the COM, our RSS team has produced:
- Business requirements for the model
- Functional and technical specifications
- Documentation on logic/algorithms/functions
- A table design, user acceptance testing, the user interface, and validation
- A procedure manual (including how to change input variables)
- A technology road map for migrating elements into a client approved environment
- Code, data, the database design and functionality