David J Grasso
Executive Vice President Aviation, Aerospace & Defense
David is an accomplished executive leader of people and organizations. He has the vision and experience to successfully plan and implement strategic operational change across the entire aviation, aerospace & defense ecosystem. He is a creative and innovative hands-on change agent with a proven track record of driving successful business transformation, operational optimization and profitable growth, working collaboratively from C-suite to factory floor to improve performance and encourage cross-organizational integration.
In a consulting career spanning more than 30 years, David has worked along the entire value chain including engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and MRO in the US, Europe and Asia, tackling real word operational issues and delivering results that meet and exceed the expectations of intermediate and global enterprises alike.
David’s achievements in the aerospace and defense sector include:
- Eliminating millions of man hours from the design, planning, construction and delivery of nuclear submarines & carriers for a shipbuilder. This will result in a 20%+ reduction in total cost to the US Navy and taxpayer
- Business and supply chain architect of the first aerospace B2B exchange. Optimizing airframe and OEM procurement operations and achieving savings for commercial aircraft procurement, spare parts management, supply chain operations and reduced aircraft on ground (AOG)
- Defining new business capabilities and value creation models for a major defense contractor. Integrating engineering, manufacturing & sustainment business capabilities for ‘model based’ operations which will enable the client to profitably deliver against recently won Airforce programs, and increase its market-share
- DoD supply chain transformation. Led the business re-architecture, re-design, development and initial deployment of new supply chain planning, execution, and inventory management capabilities
- BSME, Mechanical Engineering, Minor in Physics - Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Naval Nuclear Power School Orlando FL & Naval Nuclear Prototype, Idaho Falls, ID
- APICS CPIM
- AIA Board of Governors